The following parameters can be measured by our products (the selection of which depends on the type of test instrument):
- Visual inspection.
- Protective bonding resistance RPE, safety test voltage 4 … 24 V DC and test current 0.2 A, 5 A or 10 A AC. The measurements can be carried out on plugged and also on permanently connected appliances.
- Insulation resistance RINS, test voltage 250 … 500 V DC. Appliances with protection class I with heater, class I, class II and class III can be tested.
- Substitute leakage current ISUB, safety test voltage 45 V AC. Appliances with protection class I and class II can be tested.
- Protective conductor current IPE, differential method.
- Touch current measurement IT, direct method.
- Apparent power S and active power P, mains voltage ULN, load current IL and power factor PF.
- Protective conductor current IPE and load current IL, clamp method.
- IEC CORD test (PE continuity, insulation resistance, L continuity, N continuity, L/N shorted).
- PRCD test (PE continuity, TEST button, output insulation resistance, PE current, functional test at L disconnection, functional test at N disconnection, trip out time at IΔN/2, trip out time at IΔN, trip out time at 5 IΔN, tripping current).
- Protective extra low voltage PELV.
- Safety extra low voltage SELV.
- AUTO Test (factory-programmed AUTO-Tests as well as customer-created AUTO-Tests)
- Possible testing of above parameters on three-phase portable appliances.
- Possible use of barcode reader.
Important features that have been implemented:
- Extremely easy operation using the rotary switch and the START/STOP button.
- Automatic start function for protective bonding resistance measurement allows both hands to be used on measured objects that are difficult to access.
- Compensation of test lead resistance for protective bonding resistance measurement.
- Calculation of limit values for protective bonding resistance.
- Automatic mains voltage polarity exchange in protective conductor current and touch current measurements.
- Data memory for over 1,000 measurement results.
- Integrated interface (USB 2.0) for transfer of measurement results to PC.
- Separate interface (USB 2.0) for connection of optional USB barcode reader, USB keyboard, USB memory stick or USB printer.
- Graphic LC-display for measurement values, limit values and test parameters.
- Compact plastic housing with accessory bag.
- Connection diagrams and limit values under the instrument’s cover.
- Limit values adjustable through the whole measurement range.
- Visual and acoustic warnings in case limit value is exceeded.
- Limits predefined for German and English regions.
- Bluetooth communication.
- Color TFT LC-display for measurement values, limit values and test parameters.
- Real time clock for documentation of test results.
- Single or continuous measurements.
- Adjustable measurement times in single measurement mode.
- Multiple languages can be chosen (English, German, French, etc.).
PAT-2020 (Portable Appliance Tester)
The portable appliance tester PAT-2020, with a color screen, is a cost effective, easy to use, measurement instrument for testing the effectiveness of the protective measures of electrical equipment/appliances complying with standards VDE 0701-0702, DIN VDE 0404-1/-2 and EN 61557-1/-2/-4/-10/-16, and full documentation of the test results.