The following parameters can be measured by our products (selection of below parameters depends on type of test instrument):
- Visual inspection.
- Protective bonding resistance RPE using the two- or four-wire test method, safety test voltage 4 … 24 V AC and test current 0.2 A, 10 A or 25 A AC.
- Protective bonding resistance RPE using the clamp method combined with the two- or four-wire method, safety test voltage 4 … 24 V AC and test current 0.2 A, 10 A or 25 A AC.
- Insulation resistance RINS, test voltage 50 … 1000 V DC.
- HV dielectric test, test voltage 250 … 5100 V AC, current capacity up to 110 mA.
- Full RCD test, RCD types A, AC and B, characteristics G (general), S (selective) and D (delayed).
- Full PRCD test according to the producer’s instructions.
- Full cable and cable extension test.
- Impedance of protective loop ZLOOP or active loop ZLINE and calculation of prospective short-circuit current IPSC.
- Voltage drop in electrical installation.
- Total earth resistance RA in TT systems using half of the nominal differential current of the used RCD device without tripping out the RCD.
- Residual voltage URES on mains terminals using the two-wire method or inside the machine being tested using the two- or four-wire method.
- Apparent power S, active power P, reactive power Q, differential current IPE, load current IL, phase and phase-phase voltages, cos(phi) and power factor PF.
- Phase rotation.
- Differential current IPE and load current IL by using the clamp method.
- AUTO tests (combination of above measurements).
- Possible testing of above parameters on three-phase machines, switchgears, welding machines, cables, cable extensions, etc.
- Possible use of barcode reader.
- Possible use of printer.
Important features that have been implemented:
- Easy operation using the rotary switch, hard keys in combination with soft ones on a touch screen.
- HELP screens available.
- Automatic start function for protective bonding resistance measurement allows both hands to be used on measured objects that are difficult to access.
- Compensation of test lead resistance for protective bonding resistance measurement and impedance measurement.
- Calculation of limits for protective bonding resistance.
- TRMS measurements.
- The operation system WINDOWS EMBEDDED COMPACT 7 supports all measurements and operations.
- Data memory for over 1,000 measurement results.
- Integrated interface (USB 2.0) for transfer of measurement results to PC.
- Separate multiple interfaces (USB 2.0) for connection of optional USB barcode reader, USB keyboard, USB memory stick or USB printer.
- Bluetooth communication.
- Color TFT touch screen LC-display for measurement values, limit values and test parameters.
- Compact plastic housing with accessory bag.
- Quick connection diagrams and limit values under the instrument’s cover.
- Limit values adjustable through the whole measurement ranges in all functions.
- Complete test accessories included.
- Remote START/STOP and SAVE function.
- Visual and acoustic warnings in case limit value is exceeded.
- Real time clock for documentation of test results.
- Single or continuous measurements.
- Multiple languages can be chosen (English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, etc.).
- Programmable AUTO test procedures.
PAT-2020 (Portable Appliance Tester)
The portable appliance tester PAT-2020, with a color screen, is a cost effective, easy to use, measurement instrument for testing the effectiveness of the protective measures of electrical equipment/appliances complying with standards VDE 0701-0702, DIN VDE 0404-1/-2 and EN 61557-1/-2/-4/-10/-16, and full documentation of the test results.